Tuesday 28 August 2012

Back to the Grind

All five years of high school I used the same combination lock for my locker. And after every vacation I would panic as I walked into school, convinced I would forget my combination. I never did. Every time my fingers would remember the numbers and I would open my locker.

This morning I couldn't. I got to the staff entrance of the museum and my mind blanked. I couldn't remember the door pass code. Luckily a delivery man arrived just after I did, and got buzzed in.

Summer vacation is really and truly over.

Sigh.

6 comments:

  1. Think about it this way: Soon it will be autumn, and maybe in autumn you can go to Nikko again? ^^

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We do have plans to go to Nikko in Oct and maybe Kansai in Nov. But no kayaking!

      Sniffle!

      Delete
    2. But you can paddle in a swan boat on Shinobazu Pond! :D

      Delete
  2. Sigh. It's over here too. On Wednesday, I get to greet 360 students (in two different courses). Still, I do love the start of a new term, and the coming of autumn. Hope you get some nice temperatures soon! love and hugs, C

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really wish the weather would wise up and realize summer is over, but unfortunately after a few days of rain and then a few days of cooler weather (still too hot and way too humid for me) we're supposed to go back up to the mid thirties tomorrow... Ugh!!

      Delete
    2. Ugh! We're also having very warm weather (for Montreal, in the upper 20s), but thankfully not too muggy. I sent you a package - with some meltable products. Oops. hugs, C

      Delete