Things I'm loving this Thursday:
- seeing the light at the end of the tunnel on a large project at work (in one department my involvement in the project should be done tomorrow, but I have a sinking suspicion that another department is just about to ask me to take over, which would mean that what I think is the light at the end of the tunnel is actually the headlight of the oncoming freight train just about to slam riiiiiight into me)
- buying tickets to fly to Canada FOR TWO WEEKS in August (Air Canada turned out to be about half the price of either JAL or ANA, which took me a few minutes to realize as the quotes seemed to be the same... Until I realized the AC quote was for both of us and the other two were just for one person!)
- the sunny warm weather Tokyo is enjoying right now! Sunny and lovely but not muggy or overly hot. The AC doesn't have to go on and nights are actually pleasant with just the window open and maybe a fan on low.
- daydreaming about our trip to Canada. It'll be U's first summer visit and I'm hoping to get some kayaking in while giving him an idea of how I define "wilderness!"
- daydreaming and planning for the next project I'm working on at work. One of my coworkers and I are hoping we can convince the boss to try something new, which is exciting and challenging and fun in its own right!
- looking forward to two weeks in Canada... mountains and scenery I love very much, and a family reunion too!