Where did March go? Here I was thinking that I'd have lots of free time to do all sorts of things before April hit and I'd be working 5 days a week... and then the reality of March happened - with a class trip, frantic extra work at the museum getting a special exhibit ready, and before I knew it my dad was arriving and grad was happening and now it is April... eek. So, here goes a long-last Things I love Thursday - a day late.
- graduation (wearing a hakama wasn't nearly as bad as I had expected it was actually great fun! the worst part was wearing heeled boots - I don't do heels!!)
- discovering that my actual diploma has two parts - one in Japanese and one in English
- having my advisor tell me that just because I was graduating didn't mean I was no longer his student and DEFINITELY didn't mean I was going to stop learning (or attending his study groups!)
- coffee dates with my dad (proving I can blame my coffee addiction on genetics)
- making the same puns as my dad (at the same time too!) and then being able to make similar puns in Japanese too!
- cooking for my dad (he LOVED the crab and green onion miso soup I threw together in a few minutes)
- sharing graduation with my dad (and having him take TONS of pictures - including a priceless one of me and a friend in our hakama with the university's football team!)
- chatting with my dad (umm, do you see a trend here?!)
- good meals with plenty of drinks shared with my father and my friends (we went out for dinner/drinks with my advisor, my sempai, a family friend, and...)
- three days in Shizuoka with my men - we ate amazing seafood, the boys drank sake and bonded... it was an amazing trip and a great way to break the ice. They both really like each other, and both are excited about a trip to Canada for Christmas!
My dad left yesterday and I miss him a lot - although I must admit it is nice having my itty-bitty little apartment back, it really is too small to share comfortably for any length of time when lare suitcases are thrown into the mix!