Friday 12 August 2011

Friday???

Friday? Already? Where the he'll did that come from?!

Not quite the weekend yet, as I'm working Tues-Sat as part of work's energy saving measures (all departments are joining the museum and closing on Mondays so we don't run seven days a week anymore). Buuuut!! One more day of work and then I'm off for a week! I decided to take time off while U has his summer vacation, so we're going to go away for a few days and then will spend a bit of time relaxing at home together... Hold on, nope, scratch that... We'll be going away for a few days and then will spend the rest of the time working on non work work (a translation contract for me and non-work related articles for publication for U).

No rest for the wicked, as they say!

Wheeee!

I've been a bit of a mess recently, what with the heat and humidity melting my brain and leaving me with absolutely zero motivation and work being mind-numbing - a week spent mostly editing the English papers to be presented by coworkers at various international conferences over the next month or so. One of the papers was a slightly edited version of am online translation program translation so varies between almost making sense to being a random jumble of words. It would have been easier if I had been allowed to translate it myself from the start but.... myargh... Ah well.

And then I have a contract translation for an art gallery hanging over my head and demanding to be worked on every waking moment. Not that it is getting done, but...

All this editing and translating has me getting antsy to actually write something myself... Now if the heat would let up so that I was able to string together a few coherent thoughts!

1 comment:

  1. Those online translation programs are quite hilarious sometimes. Great to hear that you'll get away for a few days - I hope you get to go somewhere with some relief from the heat. I used to bring at least 6 books I had to read for work with me on every vacation (usually none were read), but nowaways, I've actually managed to go away on a vacation without any work (or computer). Did wonders for my brain. So, have lots of fun with U wherever you go! love and hugs, Cath

    ReplyDelete