Friday 12 March 2010

Wonderland

Yesterday I went to a very odd museum with a friend. We kept feeling as if we had fallen down the rabbit hole as things just kept getting curiouser and curiouser.

After today I am convinced that I am in some sort of bizarre alternate universe.

Not only did my visa application get (successfully) processed in under a week, but when I went to pick it up today I was back on the bus to Shinagawa with a new sticker in my passport in under 15 minutes!

I got there later than I had planned and fully expected to have to cancel my lunch plans. Instead I was early and had to wait for my friend!

Certainly an alternate universe... or at least I thought so until a crazy guy started making faces at me while I was waiting for the train, and later I realized I was getting a full watt obaasan glare... yup, still in Japan.

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations on the visa! I always thought Japan was the land of efficient bureaucracy (whereas McGill/Montreal/Quebec is highly bureaucratic and inefficient)... Got to give those obaasans a break. But not those crazy guys. Do you make faces back? love and hugs, C

    ReplyDelete