Tuesday 10 August 2010

Tadaima

We're home. We got back yesterday and I had a blog post written (complete with a video to upload) in my head. But then a few hours after we got back to my apartment... well... I was struck with a bad case of traveller's tummy. Suffice to say that I was VERY glad my stomach had decided to wait until I was safely home and had easy access to a nice toilet but it did mean I got nothing done yesterday and although things had settled down by morning I was was still so weak that I had to call in sick and take the day off work.

But annnnyways... Indonesia was amazing. Incredible. We had a FABULOUS time. U did better than I would have imagined and LOVED it. He's started dreaming about our next trip together. While I doubt we'll be quitting our jobs to travel the world for months on end any time soon, it is exciting that he's caught the travel bug and I'm looking forward to many many adventures to come.

I will be sharing some photos and stories from Indonesia soon, but for the time being I'll just post this one (rather poor quality) video as I want to go to work tomorrow and feel the need to crawl into bed early. The video is of a mama orangutan and her 2-ish year old baby that we saw wild in the Sumatran jungle... pretty darn cool if I do say so myself!!

1 comment:

  1. Welcome back! Sorry to hear about the tummy trouble. Hope you're drinking lots of fluids to avoid dehydration - hot orange juice diluted with hote water is good. Can't wait to hear more about your trip. This orangutan is amazing - was this during your jungle hike?
    love and hugs, Cath

    ReplyDelete