Wednesday 4 November 2009

Selfish Knitting

After numerous projects for friends, I suddenly became a very selfish knitter - three projects on the needles at once, one each for me, myself, and I! Two are done, and I was waiting for the third to post, but it big and has turned into a black hole of knitting - eating up knitting time but not seeming to show much effect.

So, here go two finished projects:

One was one that had been hibernating for a while. I was given some gorgeous yarn a while back, and wanted to make myself a shawl. Even combining the yarn with a few others, however, I just didn't have enough to make it big enough. I hid it away for a long time, trying to come up with ideas on how to make it bigger. I ordered a few yarns that I thought might match, I thought about knitting or crocheting on a border. In the end I decided I liked the yarn too much to settle for anything that wasn't perfect. So my Muse Shawl turned into a mini-Muse. I still love the colours, however, and am still happy with it. The big button makes me happy too!






The second was an impulse yarn purchase. I made a scarf for a friend with a funky yarn that knitted up well. After seeing the same yarn in some of my favourite colours I just couldn't resist... So I bought one ball and started knitting it up in the same "Dropped" pattern. I knew I wouldn't have enough for a scarf, so instead went for a much skinnier version and - voila! A fun belt!



2 comments:

  1. Wow - really pretty! (I like the big button too.) Both items look like they could go together. I wore your scarf as a belt as well - worked very nicely. I knitted myself a scarf after getting back from Berlin, but it was too thin and too short, so I crocheted a border. I'll have to take a photo and show you... Glad to see you're still getting some knitting into your busy schedule.
    love and hugs, C

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks C! I look forward to seeing your scarf. Oh, and I have finished another selfish knitting project, so will be posting it just as soon as I take pictures!

    ReplyDelete