Friday 16 May 2008

Simple Minds...

What do these pictures have in common?




Well, I was editing a friend's English translation last night. The translation in question is for a Japanese museum/botanical garden, and one of the special exhibits was described as:
Traditional Japanese Morning Glories
Be amazed by mutant Japanese morning glories from the Edo Period.

Mutant morning glories?! (snort!) I read the line and I couldn't help but burst into laughter. It still has me giggling over 24 hours later. Mutant morning glories?! (snort!) My youngest cousin was big into the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, and I can still hear the TV show's theme song in my mind. Just imagine - Mutant Ninja Morning Glories!! (snort!) The image in my head is as clear as if I had seen it somewhere - a bright blue morning glory face with a slender green body, decked out with a face mask and martial arts weapons, looking menacing. Mutant morning glories... (bwahahahahaha!!!)


Yes, simple minds, simple pleasures...
(oh, and once I explained why I was laughing so hard I had tears pouring down my face, my friend found it just as amusing as I did, although he was quite possibly laughig AT me...)

No comments:

Post a Comment